II. The Beyazit Kulliyesi was built between 1484 and 1488 and is the largest social structure of the Ottoman Empire. It is also one of the most important historical treasures of Edirne. II. Beyazit Kulliyesi has recently been transferred to Trakya University and turned into a museum by the university. Having been serving as a health museum today, Darüşşifa was awarded the Council of Europe Museum Prize in 2004. It is also one of the most visited historic buildings in Edirne by foreigners.
II. Beyazıt Bridge, in 1488 II. It was built by Beyazit and the architect Hayrettin. II. It is located near the Beyazit Kulliyesi and was built on the Tunca River in order to connect the city of Edirne in the Great Kulliya to the city. There is no book, but it has a length of 100 meters and a width of 6 meters. The bridge, which has 6 pointed arches, was built using cutting stones.
The Balkan Cemeteries and Monument was built in Edirne Sarayiçi in order to keep the memory of about 20,000 martyrs, including soldiers and civilians, who were captured by the Bulgarians during the Balkan War between 1912 and 1913 and left to die in Edirne Sarayiçi. On 14 January 1994, the Balkan Cemetary and Monument, which was opened to the public with a ceremony, is on the 12 blocks in the name of 400 soldiers and 100 officers.
Historical Karaağaç Mahallesi is one of the places that should be seen in Edirne with its colorful, single storey houses and wide streets. The historic railway station and the Lausanne Monument are also here. Historical Train Station was built by Mimar Kemalettin Bey, taking Sirkeci Station as an example in 1913-1914. The Lausanne Monument was built here in memory of the Lausanne Treaty signed on 24 July 1923.
The Foundation Museum is known as the Selimiye Foundation Museum and its former name is Selimiye Dar’ül Kurra Medresesi. Between 1569 and 1575, Sultan Mimar Sinan, the chief architect of the Ottoman State, It was built in the name of Selim. The entrance museum, which has a striking crown gate, is built using cut stone and bricks. In the museum; Ottoman period pieces of tiles, calligraphy, calligraphies, Qur’an, holies and candlesticks are exhibited. There is also a room in the museum where Mimar Sinan is told ..
Ali Pasha Bazaar was built by Semiz Ali Pasha, the Grand vizier of Kanuni Sultan Süleyman. Ali Pasha Bazaar, a work of architect Sinan, is also known as Semiz Ali Pasha Bazaar and was built in 1569. The bazaar, which contains 129 shops, is one of the important trade spots of Edirne.
The Museum of Turkish Islamic Arts is located in the Dar-ül Tedris Madrasah of the Selimiye Complex. The Museum of Archeology and Ethnography, which is currently serving as the Museum of Edirne, was built in 1925 upon the request of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. In the museum; Prehistoric works, Greek, Roman, Byzantine artifacts, valuable coin collections, sculptures, earth and glass vessels are exhibited. Since 1971, Selimiye Mosque is located next to the new building serves.
Historical Arasta Bazaar is located next to the Selimiye Mosque and is among the building community of the Selimiye Mosque. With the aim of bringing in the Selimiye Mosque, III. It was built by Murat between 1574-1595. The Selimiye Arastasis, which contains 124 shops known as the Historical Arasta Bazaar, was built by the architect Davut Ağa. There is a prayer dome in the center of the Arastan, and every morning the shopkeeper makes a blessing and a blessing.
Bedesten Bazaar was built by Sultan Çelebi Mehmet in 1417-1418 by Architect Konya Hacı Alaaddin. It is next to the Old Mosque. The Bazaar Bazaar, which has a 14-domed structure covered with lead, is made up of ornate walls covered with two-color cutting stones. The Bedesten Bazaar, which has not been able to maintain its integrity as much as its daily life, has undergone various repairs and is still being used as a city bazaar.
Kırkpınar Oil Wrestling is a traditional Turkish oil wrestling tournament. Every year from the end of June to the beginning of July Edirne’s Sarayiçi neighborhood. The Pehlivans fight for three days in the town square. In the finals made on the last day, each neck (categorinin) is determined as first, second and third. The most important of these is the chief. Kırkpınar Festival is organized during wrestling and various activities are held. Oiled wrestling is a sporting dug in the forefront of traditional Turkish sports. All the fairgrounds held throughout the Ottoman Empire are wrestling, but among them, only the wrestler who has won the “head” in Kırkpınar knows the “başpehlivan” until the next year’s Kırkpınar wrestling. This idea continues today.
Sarayiçi Kırkpınarır Square; Each year, is one of the oldest sports organizations in the world organized by the historical Kirkpinar Wrestling. As of 2010, Kırkpınar Oil Wrestling has been included by UNESCO in the Intangible World Heritage List.
Justice Kasrı was built by Mimar Sinan in 1561 by Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent. Located at the entrance of Sarayiçi, the Justice Kasrı has a four-storey structure with a marble fountain on the top floor. It is known that Justice Kasrı was used as Divan-ı Hümayun for a while.
Saray-ı Cedid, known as Edirne New Palace, was built with Sultan II as being the second palace in this region. It was started after the capture of Edirne by the Turks during Murat period and the construction was completed in 1451 during the reign of his son Fatih Sultan Mehmet. The palace, also known as the Edirne Palace, is one of the biggest palaces of the Ottoman Empire after the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul. Only a very small part of the sun can be reached.
The Fatih Bridge is located in Edirne Sarayiçi. It is located between Demirkapı and Justice Kasrı and built on the Tunca River. Built in 1452 by Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror, the bridge has a length of 34 meters and has a 3-sided structure with a bigger side and a smaller side. Fatih Bridge, also known as Bönce Bridge, draws attention with its docks.
This bridge, which was built during the reign of Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent in 1553-1554, connects Sarayiçi to Edirne. The width of the bridge, which is 60 meters long, is 4.5 meters. The bridge which was damaged in the flood in 1902 was repaired at that time and finally in 1990. The Kanuni Bridge is erected as the Palace Bridge among the public.
Hıdırlık Tabyası, the largest of the taboos that defended Edirne in the Balkan War, has a very important place in the First Balkan War which took place in 1912. It was also used as the headquarters of Şükrü Pasha. Hidirlik Tabiyası, behind the Balkan Wars, has lost its importance, behind the developing top technology. Even if it is used in place over time, the destruction caused by unconscious use can not be resisted anymore. However, it is aimed to make Hıdırlık Tabyası an important tourism point with the restoration works that are taking place.
The Hidirlik Tabyası is the largest taby in Edirne with an area of around 1800 meters. Nizamiye consists of main entrance hall, dormitory building, artillery chambers, artillery baskets, moat and avalanche.
After Çanakkale Martyrdom, it is the second biggest martyrdom of Turkey. The memory of 52 thousand martyrs is kept alive in the martyrdom. Sarayakpınar road Kemer Dere, 22 May 2015, the opening ceremony of the martyrdom, the name of a monument is found on behalf of 5 thousand 5 martyrs.
Sokullu Bath was built by Sokullu Mehmet Pasha in 1568-1569 to Architect Sinan. The Sokullu Bath, opposite the Three Honorable Mosques, is the most important structure bearing the features of 16th century Turkish architecture and has a double bath plan. In addition, Sokullu Bath has the feature of being the bathhouse which has the biggest dome in Turkey. Because it is the biggest domed bath and it is a historical building, it is in the category of the best baths in Turkey.
Uzunköprü, also known as Cisr-i Ergene Bridge, is located on the Ergene River. Between the years 1426-1443 II. It was built by Murat in the period’s Chief Architect Müslihiddin. It is the second longest stone bridge in the world with a length of 1392 meters. It is the only bridge connecting Anatolia and the Balkans. It is 6.80 meters wide and has 174 arches. Some of the arches have round arches with pointed arches, and elephants, lions and bird figures are among the stone feet. Edirne-İzmir State Highway is still passing through the historical bridge.
The first “Freedom Monument” of the Ottoman State and Republic of Turkey was erected on Uzunköprü on December 11, 1908. At the ceremony held on 11 December 1908 in front of the municipal office in Cizr-i Ergene (Uzunköprü) due to the re-enactment of the Constitutional Constitution and the creation of the new Parliamentary Assembly, This monument is immortalized by placing the words of Hürriyet, Justice, Musavat (equality), and Uhift (brotherhood), which are the main principles of the democracy brought by the French revolution, in the form of marble inscriptions on all four sides of the monument.
After Edirne became the capital of the Ottoman Empire, water was introduced from the sources of Sinanköy and Taşlımüsellim villages located 40 km away from the center to meet the water need of the city and Mimar Sinan Su Kemeri was built to meet the needs. Thanks to these aqueducts built by Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent, water from Edirne was distributed to various establishments and fountains. These belts are made of rubble and cut stone.
Lalapaşa Dolmens are one of the most important works belonging to Traklar. The Lalapaşa Dolmens are prehistoric structures made up of several large flat stones lined up side by side on the ground and horizontally placed on them, again with the same large flat stones. They are thought to be used as graves. These kinds of stones were discovered in BC. It is thought that it belonged to the communities that had migrated from Northern Balkans to Thrace in 1200 years.
One of the two harbors of Ainos, today Lake Taşaltı is located on the west slope, known as King Kızı. Excavations and investigations in recent years have shown that basilica has so far undergone seven building phases and that the oldest building level goes back to the Roman period. A fountain emerged from the three niches cut into the rock below the level of the mid-dome floor level. It is understood that the last of the basilica belongs to the 12th century due to the 10 gold coins recovered from its base.
The scale located on the hill east of the city was constructed to provide the water need of the ancient city of Ainos and to set the pressure of the water carried by Enez in the Yenice Village 5 kilometers east of the river and to divide it into several branches. By adjusting the pressure caused by the inclination between the water source and the units scattered, this blast was prevented from exploding. The upper level of the scales is the same level as the castle. In the case of a sunny stable case, the scales are cut from limestone and square plan. It is believed to have been built in Roman times. Libra was used in Roman-Byzantine and Ottoman periods.
Built in the 16th century, this coastal caravanserai was used as a center of exchange in the trade between the Aegean islands and Thrace. Located in Enez, one of the most important port cities of the period, this caravanserai has an important place among other caravanserais built in Ottoman architecture. This caravanserai is known as the “English Barracks” because it was used by the British during World War I. Enez Sahil Kervansarayı expects to visit as a value to be seen in terms of historical value.