The building, which was visited by the Great Leader Atatürk on December 20, 1930, was built in 1894 during the time of Mutasarrıf Neşet Pasha and Hacı Mestan Efendi, the mayor of that period. Until 1962, it was actually used as a municipal building. Restoration works started in 1983 and continued at various intervals were completed in 1993. It is two storeys except the basement and there are bay windows that sit in four columns at the entrance. The Archeology and Ethnography sections are located on the upper floor and the Culture and Nature Exhibition Hall is located on the entrance floor.
Kırklareli Yayla Quarter; It is a place with Bulgarian, Greek and Jewish populations. It is an open-air museum where houses reflecting Turkish architecture are found. Historical houses in the Yayla quarter are thought to have been built in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. While some houses reflect Turkish architecture, some houses were built by Greek masters using wooden, stone and adobe materials in accordance with neoclassical texts. Today it is declared as an urban site.
Demirköy Fatih Dökümhane, which is known as Demirköy Tophane-i Amiriye İşletmeleri; It is a cast iron warehouse built in the Ottoman period and used for the conquest of Istanbul. Also here are the Ottoman army wares; Ship, ball and some of the materials used in the construction of weapons were produced. The energy required for casting in this foundry is provided by water, and this is one of the remarkable points of the foundry.
İğneada Deniz Lighthouse known as Limanköy Lighthouse; It is located in İğneada district of Demirköy district of Kırklareli. It was also known as the “French Lighthouse” because it was built by the French during the reign of Sultan Abdülmecit in 1866. İğneada Deniz Lighthouse has two relativities as border and route lighthouse. This marine lighthouse located to the west of the Black Sea; In Limanköy the sea is located at a 50 to 60 meter slope. In the absence of electrical installations, the lantern, which is installed with a cradle and illuminates the sea with kerosene, can now be seen at distances of 20 mph thanks to 100 halogen bulbs and plastic reflectors.
Pinarhisar Castle is located in the Pinarhisar Center of the province of Kırklareli and is one of the works that could come up by preserving its integrity as much as the day. Pınarhisar Castle, which does not have any inscription, can not be reached with certain information. It is thought that it belonged to the Byzantine period, based on the architecture. Pinarhisar Castle, which is a police station, is built using rubble stones in general and has a good workmanship.
The visa received the title “Calm City” with the application of the International Citizens’ Association (Cittaslow) in 2012. The visa is the eighth city of Turkey and the first tranquil city of Trakya. Vize Castle is located in the Visa district of Kırklareli province and carries its name. Most of the remains belonging to the Vize Castle, which is at the highest peak of the province, were able to come up to daylight. The Vize Castle consists of two houses; the inner castle and the outer castle. It is built with a solid cutting of the stones. The Vize Castle and its walls are based on the Roman period. There is a book written during the restoration and this inscription is exhibited in the Edirne Museum.
Visa Antique Theater is located in the Visa Center of Kırklareli. The ancient theater, which was the result of excavations in the 1990s, is the only Roman theater to date. It dates back to the 2nd century AD and has a capacity of 4000 spectators. The steps of seating and walking are made of marble. Ongoing excavations; A large female sculpture was found in 1995 and four stage reliefs were found in 1996. As a result of the excavations, the structures found here are exhibited in the Kırklareli Museum.
Babaeski Bridge is located in the province of Babaeski in the province of Kırklareli. The bridge, between 1633 and 1634, It was built during the Murat period. Babaeski Bridge, 72 meters long and 5.85 meters wide, was built on one of the arms of the Ergene River. The bridge, which was built with 7 holes using cut stone, is located on the caravan roads from Istanbul to Rumelia.
Hızırbey Bath, also known as Double Bath, is a part of Hızırbey Complex and is located in Kırklareli Center. Because there is a double entrance for men and women in the bath, it is called “Double Bath”. It was built adjacent to the archetype, another part of the mausoleum. In 1383 Köse Mihalzade was built by Hızırbey according to traditional Ottoman architecture. The outer surface of the walls and the dome lanterns consist of smooth top covering.
Forty Martyrs Abide was built by Kırklareli Reconstruction Association in 1960. In the spring of 1363 (Sultan I. Murat Hüdavendigar period) the Turkish armies under the command of Demirtas Pasha were built in the name of Kırık Akıncı, who was killed during the Kırklareli take from the Byzantines by the same association. Kırklar Baba Dergahı’nda book, ” Forty people have been martyrs in this place because of this beleday is also known as the Kird Kimesne because of the couplet. The old tombs of Kırklar Baba Dergahı were found and according to him this monument was built in place of Kırklar Baba Dergahı.
The Station Station and the train line were built by an Austrian construction company in order to reach the Edirne-Istanbul line in 1873 in Alpullu and to connect Kırklareli to Istanbul. However, a French company has been operating the line. The station is currently unavailable and has become one of the most beautiful recreational areas in the city with its various recreational areas.
Seyfioğlu Tabyasi is located 3 km north-east of Kırklareli city center and 3 km north-west of Taş Tabya. Seyfioğlu Tabyası and Taş Tabya were built for security purposes after the Ottoman-Russian War of 1877-1878. The construction of the tablets against the enemy attacks started in 1879 and the construction was completed in 1890. Seyfioğlu Tabyası and Taş Tabya are similar to Edirne Tabular in terms of the way they are constructed and they differ in defense purpose.
The Lower Pinar Mound is 3 km away from the center of Kırklareli. The mound, which had a very old age, was first noticed in 1980. When he was discovered, he went to record with the name “Salhana”. Thanks to the excavations made in 1993, excavations were carried out and it was learned that the region was used as a settlement in the Neolithic Age. Lower Pınar Höyüğü is the oldest farmer-village settlement in Trakya. The Lower Pinar Mound, located on an area of 3000 square meters, is the largest archeological excavation site in Kırklareli.
Kanlıgeçit Höyüğü is located to the south of the province center of Kırklareli. Kanlıgeçit Höyüğü, which is a historical mound, is located at a distance of 300 meters from the Lower Pinar Mound, another historical area of the city. History BC It is based on 3000 years. It is the oldest urban settlement known in the Balkans and is the settlement of the Anatolian colony belonging to the first and only Bronze Age in Thrace. Kanlıgeçit, which first began to form in the Bronze Age, is the oldest example of the caravan routes there. The mound; North, east and south. Various excavations are being carried out in Kanlıgeçit Höyüğü and the first archaeological excavations were carried out in 1994.
Kırklareli Handicrafts are very valuable thanks to the motifs unique to the region. Especially the hand weavings belonging to the village of Poyral of Kirklareli are famous. Due to the widespread animal breeding in and around Kirklareli, there is no problem with the raw material, and in this case it provides widespread weaving. B.C. Kırklareli weaving, which has a history dating back to 8000 years, still continues today with the prayer rugs, saddlebags, bags and runway weaving made of wool yarn in horizontal wooden countertops.